23 February 2008

Jai Guru Deva Ommmm...



Across the Universe
Thanks to bianca's post in her blog, i get to watch this wonderful musical which features my all time favorite band's greatest hits. I first heard about this lat year but I never paid attention thinking it was just one of those foreign film noirs that will never be released commercially. I only knew that it's a film by Julie Taymor,other than that, I could not have cared less. But after I found that it's a musical based from the songs of the beatles, whoah, I just had to see this one. I could not find any DVD copy here in Cebu so I nagged my Papa into sending me one. And yes, he sent me a copy, on Valentine's Day to boot. I had to give it to Papa, he really understands my need to see the film, being a huge Beatles fan himself. I am my father's child after all.

I enjoyed the movie, though at first I had to adjust to the casts' own version of my favorite Fab Four hits, but hey, it worked. I especially love TV Carpio's I Wanna Hold Your Hand and Jim Sturgess' All My Loving and I've Just Seen a Face. I found myself crying during the Let It Be part. Bono's appearance and version of I am the Walrus is also one of the film's highlights. Haaayy.. I just love the songs. Love ko na rin si Jim Sturgess. Hehehe.. Every Beatles fanatic should really watch this!


Falling, yes I am falling
and he keeps calling me back again...