11 January 2011

Ain't No Mountain High Enough


It's been more than 10 years since I last climbed a mountain. The past for years since I started working, I have seriously missed the outdoors. To be more specific, I've missed mountain climbing. Back in college in Elbi, I chose Outdoor Recreations for my PE 2 and as our professor would say about the course- "It's anything and everything under the sun." In less than 6 months, I climbed 2 mountains, Mt. Majayjay and Mt. Famy, both are located in Laguna, bordering Quezon. Although I have been exposed to outdoor activities like hiking and trekking as a kid, being an active girl scout in grade school, these were actually the first serious climbing experiences I've had. I swore to myself, I'd conquer Mt. Apo before I get past the age of 28. Now, I'm already of that age but I have yet to scale its summit.

I am working on it though. And I have already started my preparations for this arduous climb. January 9 of this, I and a few adventure-seeker friends reached Cebu's highest point, OsmeƱa Peak. Boy, it sure feels great to conquer a mountain once again!


Sana tuluy-tuloy na. Mt. Apo on Holy Week baby!